Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow, as far as the eye can see

So I got snowed in this whole week. My neighborhood got a TON of snow, something around 2.5-3 feet. I've lived in this area for a combined total of four years and have never seen more than six inches on the ground at any one time. I remember one of my housemates saying we got close to/maybe even broke the area's all-time record since the U.S. started recording snowfall way back when, and I believe it.

What this meant for me is that work was canceled the whole week, which meant a lot of drinking and a lot of poker... which was a bit of a bad thing if you read my post below. I may or may not have donked off $50 or so playing inebriated. I still need to work on that, and I'm moving down in stakes to build back up again.

I've also made an account on Full Tilt Poker because of the 27% rakeback deal you can find through affiliates. PokerStars' rewards program has the reputation of being the very best... but that's only if you've got Supernova Elite status. Considering that I don't play enough/high enough stakes to even get to Silver, the 27% rakeback deal makes a lot more sense for a casual player like me. More on that later; the next post will probably about next weekend's Atlantic City trip! Here's hoping I have some good news.

Edit: Also, RUSH Poker is incredible. Topic for a new blog post for whenever I can pull myself away from this addictive, addictive game.

No comments:

Post a Comment