Friday, February 26, 2010

Upping the Aggression

Mostly thanks to a few pointers from Waffles, I've opened up my Rush Poker cash game a bit. I think I've been playing too nitty lately due to a few bad experiences with fish that couldn't fold at all and seemingly ready availability of fish stacking off light... but my winrate wasn't really doing so well after a few thousand hands. I was losing a good amount of money, and I couldn't call it all variance as easily after 5,000 hands or so.

So I started bluffing more in my session last night, and ended up a buy-in after my logging on to play at the NL .02/.05 Rush tables, which was really good considering I got hit on the wrong side of set over set once to lose a buy in and had my JJ cracked on a AJ4 flop shove by AK when a 4 turned and ace rivered (runner runner better full house? I run so bad haha). It's definitely working out for me so far; I think I picked up at least a buy in on my bluffs alone, and it was much more fun being so much more active. I ended up playing 1000 hands before I even knew it (I usually just play 500). Thanks Waffles... let's hope this isn't only the "good" side of variance, and that I'm on my way to plugging another leak and becoming a winning cash gamer. Time will tell!

4 comments:

  1. Dear god kid... if you are taking tips from Waffles RUNNNNNNNNNN! and turn off your IM when you see him on

    ReplyDelete
  2. But he does well on Rush Poker!

    You guys just like picking on him lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my man have you ever heard the term " He could fuck up a wet dream"?.

    he is a jinx and a blight on society and I assure you he is not doing well in any form of poker or gambling of any sort.

    and he is ugly

    ScottMc

    ReplyDelete