Thursday, March 4, 2010

March: A New Month

I've got a long way to go in my Rush Poker transition from TAG to LAG. Mostly, I need to stop pushing things over the edge and know when to just let it go instead of making a move.

Example: Minraising a pot-sized bet on a AK3 rainbow flop (just one club) with JT clubs, in position but in a raised preflop pot.

Why, me, why? That hits an enormous part of the standard Rush Poker raiser's range, and he probably isn't folding the AK/AQ that he's holding so often in this spot. I should've just checked and hoped to hit my gutshot on the turn.

Still, I can't complain on the poker front. A few buddies and I have been tossing around the idea of getting together a regular live poker tournament. I'm positive that I've got a much larger edge over these guys than I would ever find at an online STT these days, so I'd be really happy if it did happen.

Real life? Old high school buddies coming into town tonight!
Quarter keg for Friday.
Burgers... need to pick up some of those plastic red cups. Yesssss.

2 comments:

  1. What did you do pre-flop to get into the hand? What did he do once you min raised. I agree the min is probably bad idea but maybe raising a little bigger is not so bad in order to get a free check on the turn.

    Are you in position for the hand? Position matters A LOT. If you are in position you can react a lot better. Your draws are likely good so raising here is not a huge mistake... it depends on a lot of factors.. min raising here is probably not great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He open-raised from UTG+1 to 3x BBs, and I just flatted from the button with JTcc. He led out with a pot-sized bet on the flop and just flatted my minraise. I gave up after that; no scare cards came on the turn and river with a 7 and a 9, and we both checked it down. He ended up having AQ. I don't think I could've pushed him or most micro stakes Rush guys off the hand often enough to be profitable, really... do you? (Then again, he wasn't a German... so who knows).

    ReplyDelete