Sunday, March 14, 2010

Moving Away from Rush Poker

It's time for me to leave the Rush Poker games and head on back to the regular cash tables.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fast pace and the number of hands you can get in per hour. I've probably played as many hands of poker in a few weeks than I have all last year with Rush Poker, and I've learned a lot and closed a lot of leaks by sheer virtue of that fact.

On the other hand, I'm a definite losing player at the Rush Poker tables. With all of the aggro-donks everywhere, it's next to impossible to exploit overaggressive people's play. You don't know if they're usually folding or double and triple barreling with air when they make that pot-sized bet. Add to that the chances that they actually DO have you beat, and you just have to let the hand go.

So tonight I finished off my last few hands of Rush Poker to clear another ten bonus dollars, and headed on over to the normal cash games to try and get a good, old-fashioned "read-and-adjust" edge over my fellow micro-stakes players. I have to say, it went really well. I finished up two buy-ins in about 200 hands, most of it coming from incredible luck.

Highlight of the evening: Having my turned straight making a straight flush on the river vs. villain's rivered nut flush to scoop me up a buy-in.

Hell yeah, I'll take it. I love upswings.

I shall poker until I become a long-term winner, and then I shall poker some more!

Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment