Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 NL- The Promised Land?

Well, well. I think I've finally found the land of the uberfish that even my meager poker skills rate better than. My biggest leak is calling too often when, if I looked at it closely enough, there's really no standard, ABC-played raising hand in large pots that I could possibly beat.

Enter 2 NL. I can peg most of these guys' calling and raising ranges pretty easily, which makes things so, so much easier. Even better, my biggest leak isn't bad at all since most of their continuation ranges are hugely enormous anyways. Half the time the big fish seem to show up with ace high or fourth pair. I love it. I've finally found a limit I can crush. 210 hands: Up 110 BBs. But even more than that, I can actually see all the huge mistakes that they're making and take advantage of them accordingly.

Boo-yah. This must be what a real poker player feels like...

In other news, I got a raise at work today! 4.7% in this economy! Because I rock like that. It's a good day :)

Update! 114 hands in the night time session: +305 BBs!!! Awesomeness. I've definitely found my level for now. Maybe I can start climbing the ladder of the winning player now. So exciting. I know, ridiculously small sample size in the grand scheme of things, but I definitely felt like I was crushing the games at this level. I'm thinking of getting Pokertracker to track my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment