Friday, May 7, 2010

Thorn's Big Mistakes #5

I think it's number 5, anyways. I forgot to keep track.

1. Brief recap of NL50
2. I need to work on my 3-betting

Alrighty, so first the brief recap. Not only did I get outplayed hard at 50NL for the couple hundred hands I played, but I also ran bad. I'm about 2 buy-ins below EV, KK falling to 88 all-in pre for a buy-in vs. an aggro-donk (seems to be a lot more of them at NL50), and losing a few races with AK vs. JJ, etc. Enough about NL50's losses (there goes my employee of the month bonus). Let's talk about improvement.

I need to improve my 3-betting before I get anywhere near NL50 again. For someone who likes to play aggressively in 6-max games, this is an absolute must. Luckily, thanks to this great thread on 2+2, I've found a ton that I can work on.

I'm heading on over to NL10 Rush, which doesn't require the heavily read-dependent 3-betting plays to win, to see if I can grind back some of my losses. 3-betting experimentation can come after I get $100 or so back.

No comments:

Post a Comment