Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Atlantic City Poker! +EV Blackjack too!





 Trip Total: $900.00 in poker profit over 5 sessions, $95 in Blackjack profit over 1 hand


The 2/5 table I had at Trump Taj Mahal was probably the tightest table I've ever encountered live. I'm glad I developed a good LAG game in the last year because it served me very well here. I burned about $300 here because I forgot people, including relatively tight players, actually limp behind with AK in late position live (an exploitable read of mine from being an online player that the villain took full advantage of), and I didn't read her for the straight that came down against my set.


I played at Tropicana because it was conveniently next to where I stayed at the Atlantic Club, but their games don't often run higher than $1/2 for NLHE. I also stopped in at Borgata for $2/5, which has easily the biggest poker room and the most action there. I got the impression that the good players at Borgata were better than the ones I've met elsewhere, and the bad players were pretty much as bad as can be. Very good action, but if you go there, be aware you can and should change tables if you  get seated at a tough one.



Finally, who says that poker's the only way to get advantage gambling?  I'm talking about Blackjack, baby! And I didn't even have to learn how to count cards! I played exactly one hand because Taj Mahal gave me a $50 free matchplay based off my play the last couple years. This meant that with a 43.31% chance of winning the hand, I risked $50 to win $100 ($95 because I planned on tipping the dealer $5 if I won). There's also an 8.8% chance of tying (no gain/loss), and a 47.89% chance of losing (-$50).

My EV for the hand was +$17.1995, which isn't bad for the 2 minutes it took. Even better, I hit it and ran above EV, so I walked off with an extra $95 to the cheers of the table. Hah, I'm running good! I hope they give me another matchplay next year!


2 comments:

  1. what is ur sealswithclubs name? do u ever sell chips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you have shared interesting and good information. I feel glad to read it.

    ReplyDelete