Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Humbler: PokerTracker 3

I finally caved and bought PokerTracker so that I could keep track of my results. It's really interesting, actually; I'm still a very marginal winner. The only reason I've won up to this point, actually, is because of rakeback and bonuses, but it's still been good enough to roll my $110 deposit up to $366.15.

PokerTracker reveals that in cash games, I'm down $21.87. My losses are mostly due to getting destroyed at NL 25 Rush, losing $161.55 over 3,290 hands. Meh. I'm going to be bringing my PokerStars roll ($260) over to Full Tilt because of Rush, and the fact that PokerStars cash games have a slightly higher rake, after rakeback. The bankroll will be $526.15, rolled enough for NL25 again at 20 buy-ins, but this time I'm going to wait for 30 buy-ins and make sure I'm beating NL 10 at a good clip. I've also definitely overestimated my win rate; my total win rate for all stakes only stands at 2.32 bb/100, a pretty marginal rate, really. I've gotten much better since my hand history began, though, so I'm going to optimistically peg myself at 3bb/100 for right now.

I'm planning on switching entirely to cash games, specifically Rush Poker; I was very slightly up at tournaments until a month or so ago when I decided to try and mass multitable KO tourneys, and that's what knocked me negative there. So no more tournaments.

I'll try and do a weekly/monthly/yearly update so I can keep better track of my progress. Here's the first one:

Lifetime Summary:

Deposited: $110
Cash Game Winnings: -$21.87
Tournament Winnings: -$65.07
Bonuses won: $115
Rakeback: $228.09

Total Winnings: $255.15

2 comments:

  1. I have been tempted to get Poker Tracker-3. How steep is the learning curve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The learning curve isn't too bad. I can do all the basics pretty intuitively (looking up stats, graphs, etc.). It's a pretty smooth program, in my opinion.

    I had to look up what to use in my HUD and how to review online (twoplustwo is good for that). It shouldn't take more than a few days to get some good use out of it. I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete