Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Mookie

Played the Mookie for the first time. Waffles' post about it being an avenue to the WSOP ME piqued my interest. ;-) I had some really nice situations early on, letting me stack up a bit, and I eventually finished 15th, in the money but not by much.

I definitely made a few mistakes though. The biggest one being on the final hand. Villain with a small stack (M=2.5, aka he would be blinded out in 2.5 revolutions) shoves UTG. I've got ATo in MP... and I shove for 2x his stack on the 8-handed table. Big mistake. I put the UTG raiser on Ax or small pairs since the blinds were coming, maybe even hands like KQ. I read him right, he had 77 for a race, which wasn't bad, because I definitely needed to chip up for shot at the bigger money.

But I shouldn't have made the shove with ATo 8-handed. I should've just folded. Because an even bigger stack woke up with AK and made the call. Silly me.

The Mookie was nice. There were definitely a few fish there, but a lot of the bloggers were really solid players. It was a good time. The tournament's likely very -EV for me, but I just might come back for more next week, dreaming the dream of the WSOP.

Til next time,

Thorn

Edit: For those interested, the Mookie runs on Wednesday nights at 10:00 PM EST. $10+1 buy in. Password: vegas1

No comments:

Post a Comment