Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Running bad

The good news is that I'm playing well, and by expected value, I should be up by a little less than two buy-ins. The bad news is that, in reality, I'm down a little more than half a buyin again. Crazy variance.

I do love PokerTracker telling me that it isn't just me whining, though. I can now look and see the mathematical support for evidence that I really am playing well, but I'm getting unlucky. It probably doesn't help that I'm likely only a marginal winner at the Rush Poker tables, running below 3 PT/BB, so my variance is going to be pretty big.

If I get up another 4 buy-ins, I might move back to normal 5 NL tables instead of Rush for a bit, and see if I do any better with the ability to actually read and adjust a little bit.

On the other hand, I've also joined a local home tournament game. It's a cheap, $20 buy in game at a place on the DC Metro system without rake, and the players I do know are pretty bad. I've got a feeling that I'll be the best one there at all times, really. First game's in about 3 weeks with a fairly decent, medium length structure. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. If you have rakeback and can run 3BB then you can do pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got rakeback from fulltiltrakeback.com

    It's nice, but they have a minimum cashout of $50 lol. It's gonna be a while before I pay the $185.19 in rake that I need to get that much rakeback. I'm like... 25% there over 3 months. Maybe I'll go on a hot streak, get rolled for moving up, and actually beat 10 NL. That'd be nice.

    ReplyDelete