Monday, April 5, 2010

Multitabling!

Alright, so I have impulse control issues. I ended up playing four tables last night instead of just three. I did pretty well, actually; there are enough donkeys around that my multi-tabling "B" game was enough to end up a buy-in after a few hundred hands.

Then again, my winrate definitely suffered. People tend to call off too light postflop rather than pre. My guess is that the huge preflop donkeys, even at 2 NL, lose their stacks quite quickly. Most either learn better or stop playing poker. And you can get a read on these postflop fools who will be a station with third pair in a 4-way pot a lot quicker when you can actually watch all of the action going on. When I was stacking 4 tables on top of one another, I couldn't do that. Most of my multitabling play revolved around HUD reads, with the occasional traditional read if I happened to be watching a particularly noteworthy hand at table.

I'm going to tone it down to 3 tables tonight. Can't stop, after all; I'm clearing that fancy Full Tilt Take 2 bonus on 2 NL.

I've considered taking out the "losing poker player" tag in my headline, but sadly I realize that my sample size is STILL too small, despite my successes running at 5 PT/BB over a couple thousand hands. I've decided not to take it off until I win back everything I've lost, though. It'll probably be a few months at the rate I'm going since I plan on moving up to 5NL before my bankroll gets anywhere near that big. I might actually have to buy PokerTracker 3 before I hit my goal :P

So... about $200 to go? Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment