Thursday, July 15, 2010

Massive Update: The winning life?! + Poker goals

Disclaimer: LONG post! It more resembles a Hoyazo lifestream thesis than my usual posts. You've been warned!

I know I haven't updated in a while. No, I'm not dead, I didn't get crushed by the 4k water bill (still not resolved, btw, don't wanna talk about it), and I haven't lost my liferoll to poker.

Quite the opposite, actually. As the sharper ones among you may have gathered from the title, I've been running incredibly well at the poker tables. So well, in fact, that I have a very hard time believing it's true. Just a month ago I was almost positive I was just a marginal tournament winner and a cash game loser. The numbers since then are pointing to the possibility that all my hard studying and review might be showing really, really good results.

My bankroll on FTP a month ago was around $60. It's now $300, and I'll be getting $51+ in rakeback soon. How? Well, it started when Waffles posted about superturbo sngs. I tried them, ground out a few hundred of them, and rolled myself up all the way to $145. Woot, hooray for the run good!

And then, just a week ago, I decided to hit the Rush Poker tables again in preparation for Rush week. This is when the fireworks went off. I made a few significant changes to my cash game, and suddenly shot up 12 buy ins at 10NL! Sadly, that was over maybe 5k hands (hardly a good sample size), and another few thousand hands later, I lost 10 of those buyins, putting my roll at $156. So I studied my game again, closed a few big leaks that I noticed, and moved on down to 5NL (hooray good bankroll management!). I've played somewhere from 15k-20k hands at 5NL since then and got myself up the 19.5 buy-ins to $250, accumulating $50 in rakeback along the way (Rush Poker spits out rake and rakeback like a BP oil well!).

Then yesterday I moved up to my previous nemesis, 10NL Rush Poker, and promptly lost 3.5 buy ins. But lo and behold! I felt I was just running bad, and gave myself another 1.6 buyins to lose before moving back down, and just 20 minutes ago I finished grinding my way to finally breaking $300.

Rakeback's gonna be enormous o.O (Can't tell, www.fulltiltrakeback.com doesn't update very often, maybe every 3 days. So meh, no link for them).

And I've set an ambitious poker goal! I want to grind my bankroll up to $750 by mid-August, and move up yet again to NL25 Rush Poker. I know even the 20-30k hands I've played recently are most likely largely due in part to running really, really well and FTP's Rush Week, which has probably brought all the donks out to play. I've got like a 8-10 pt/bb win rate, not certain because my PT3 trial ran out, which is ridiculous since I was a losing player a month ago. Still, I figure I'm playing really well and I'm probably at least a 5 pt/bb winner at these tables that I've been crushing.

I'll try and post goals and progress reports more to keep me motivated. Oh yeah, and I 4-table the Rush. Boo yah. The sky's the limit, and I'm gonna run with this as far as I can.

Best. Hobby. Ever.

May the run good be with you!

1 comment: