Monday, June 28, 2010

$4000 Water Bill? Wha...?!?

I haven't updated in a while because for the past month or so, we had a nasty little surprise. Still working on it, too.

You know the water bill. That cheap utility. Our quarterly bill is usually around $150.00 or less for four people, and our usage is even a little below average.

Imagine my surprise when I cracked open the latest bill and it reads $4,000. For using 300,000 gallons of water. Imagine my bigger surprise when I called the water company and they told me no, it was not a mistake with how my meter was read. I think I died a little inside.

More updates as I have more time to write them!

The good news:

New FTP bankroll high- $199.40. I went on a heater and made $52 off 10NL on Rush Poker in maybe 600 hands. People are so bad. And I've gotten much better, I have to say. My game was oddly helped by parallels drawn during my time logging thousands of hands in the superturbo SNGs. Universal poker truths and all that ;-) Then again, maybe all the donks are just coming out like me to practice for Rush Week (coming up!). No complaints here.

1 comment: