Thursday, September 23, 2010

Boldly Charging Ahead!

I'm moving up to NL50 after just a few thousand hands at NL25. This is happening for a few reasons.

1. I believe that I can beat NL50. One stake to another isn't supposed to be that different, really. Just a bit more aggressive.

2. I have the bankroll. Sure, it isn't on Full Tilt right now, but it's in the bank, ready and waiting to be used.

3. After this last round of working on my game, I believe that I've gotten much, much better. So I'm going to try out higher limits and see if I have enough skill, even if I haven't mathematically proved to be a winner at the previous stake. I've been getting the feeling that I'm leaps and bounds ahead of most or all of my opponents at the tables lately.

4. I've found myself daydreaming about the day that I can actually make a good income off poker. Hell, I'm going to keep studying and playing until I get as high as I can. Getting good enough to become a professional would be absolutely wonderful. It isn't that I hate my current job (it's actually an excellent job that I'm very grateful for), I just don't absolutely love it. I've been inspired by poker pro Kathy Liebert's story. From her web site bio here:

"Becoming dissatisfied with the job, Kathy took the advice of her mother who encouraged her to do something she loved and the money would follow."

This could be a recipe for disaster, of course. But I want to walk the road less traveled, blazing my own trail outside of the Pre-K to elementary to high school to college to 9 to 5 grind. I'm young, I'm shooting for the stars, and I'll be damned if I don't take a few risks to get there.

1 comment: