Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ego says post

I'm definitely noticing the blogger tendency to post more when you're winning. I just finished a massive 200-hand heater where I find myself up 4 buy-ins for the day, obliterating my 2 buy-in downswing over the last 800 hands before that as I moved up to NL25. And here I am, ready to brag to the world about it and massage my silly poker ego. It craves the massage. Loves it. Particularly massages with happy endings. Yeah, yeah, bad taste, but I had to work it in there after talking so much with someone else who's lived in Asia tonight (hooray for visiting friends! And seriously, soon-to-be Mrs. Thorn, if you ever read this, I've never gotten nor felt tempted to get one myself).

Anyways, back to poker posting. It really is all about ego, too. I've noticed that my habit of only posting when up has grown in direct relation to my belief in being a winning player. When I was most definitely a huge fish, posting was more analytical, more centered on review and plugging my biggest leaks. On the one hand, I miss the big leaks; they were so simple to spot and so easy to see improvement in. On the other hand, screw the nostalgia, my poker ego has self-esteem, baby!

Keepin' it loose,

Thorn
25NL DOMINATOR (so far)

1 comment:

  1. Ego says post, then post, what the heck? Congrats on your recent run.

    ReplyDelete