Monday, September 20, 2010

Thorn's Big Mistakes ... In Real Life!

So, I've brought up drinking in my "big mistakes" section before, but this time it's for my drinking habits in general!

This weekend, we partied. One of my friends just moved into our group house, with plans to replace me after I get married and move out. To celebrate the occasion we decided to get a keg. And visit the liquor store. Grabbed a bottle of wine, too.

I ended up starting to drink with my good buddy... at 4 in the afternoon! I remember watching tv, playing some drinking games, chatting with friends, party party party, night ends when I vomit all over myself and my lovely fiancée helps me clean off and get upstairs to bed.

Of course, that's just what I remember. I got to hear the full story the next day (fiancée Thorn always gets this twinkle in her eye when she gets to tell me my shenanigans of the night before).

There was a rowdy trip to McDonald's where I kept stumbling over and spilling water everywhere. There was the drunken run back home, complete with sporadic attempts by yours truly to relieve myself in probably too-public areas. There was me forgetting right then and there at the party, a McDonald's burger in my belly, that we had even gone to McDonald's, loudly denying the trip had happened despite the many burger bags littered about me.

In short, well, I looked like a doofus, and drank way, way too much. Gotta stop that. My fiancée may be amused now, but you can only clean up after the guy who got trashed and made a mess so many times. I get a feeling my liver will thank me for it later, too.



On the good side, my run-good continues at NL25 (no drinking there, hah)!

Bankroll is up to $780.83. Yummy, pokery goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment